A Full Food Basket for Africa by 2020
Tell Us Your Vision for Achieving this Goal
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) invites you to present your views on how to achieve an Africa without hunger by 2020. If you
- are an African who is at least 14 years old, but not older than 19 years;
- have ideas about solutions for overcoming hunger and poverty in Africa; and
- are enthusiastic and creative ...
- your vision of Africa's food and nutrition situation in the year 2020; and
- what you, your society, and the world can do to realize your vision and make tomorrow's reality better than today's.
First Prize: US$500, plus a roundtrip to Kampala, Uganda, in April 2004 to attend an all-Africa conference called "Assuring Food and Nutrition Security in Africa by 2020."
Runner-up Prizes: US$250
Deadline for receipt of your submission: December 1, 2003
What are the contest rules?
- Entries will be accepted in English and in French.
- Writing may be presented in essay, short story, poem, brochure, or other form, but should not exceed 2,000 words.
- Entries should include your name, age, and full contact information (including home address and telephone number, and email address, if available).
- Entries must be typed.
- We prefer to receive submissions by email as Word or WordPerfect documents. You may also fax or send your work by airmail. All entries must be received by December 1.
Where do I send my submission?Jenna Kryszczun, Program Analyst, 2020 Vision Initiative
International Food Policy Research Institute
2033 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006 USA
Note: Copyright for all entries will rest with IFPRI. Please indicate on the last page of text "Copyright © 2003 International Food Policy Research Institute. All rights reserved."
TOP of the page