Tell us your vision of how we can arrive there
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) invites you to present your views on how to arrive at a future where no one lives in poverty and hunger.
- are a young person, at least 14 years old but not older than 18 years;
- have thoughts and ideas about ending poverty and hunger in the world; and
- are enthusiastic and creative...
Then you should participate in IFPRI's third writing contest: Use your writing skills and write an essay, short story, poem, open letter to a national leader, short play, or other text on
- how we can make poverty and hunger problems of the past in all nations across the globe.
First Prize: US$500, plus a booklet in which your essay will be published with other high-quality contributions
Runner-up Prizes: US$ 250, plus a booklet in which your essay will be published
The booklet will also be featured on the IFPRI website.
- Entries will be accepted in English
- Writing may be presented in essay, short story, poem, or other form, but should not exceed 2,000 words
- Entries should include your name, age, and full contact information (including home address and telephone number, and email address if available)
- Entries should be typed
- We prefer to receive submissions by email as Word or WordPerfect documents. You may also fax or send your work by airmail. All entries must be received by August 1
2033 K Street, NW
Washington DC 20006, USA
Note: Copyright for all entries will rest with IFPRI. On the last page of your entry please add the following text: "Copyright © 2007 international Food Policy Research Institute. All rights reserved."